Your online activity is in danger.
It’s in danger because there are high chances of your identity being revealed.
This can cause a huge loss for you.
Tell us, why do you use the online platform?
To view information, maybe to capture data for your brand and so many related actions, basically, the online platform is your hub to get what you want.
But what if we told you that when you conduct such activities, there are high chances of you getting caught hence resulting in blocks.
This needs to be avoided and can be avoided with the solution we believe will help you conduct smooth online activities without any risks.
In this article, we have covered the details of this solution precisely:
What to expect?
Let’s get started.
What is an SSL proxy?
First, let’s understand what a proxy is.
A proxy takes responsibility to ensure that your identity is hidden when you conduct any activity online.
For instance, say that you want to access a website but it is restricted. What you would do is send a request. Instead of the website receiving the request, the proxy server will receive it first, hide your IP address and then send it to the website. Now the website will allow users from certain locations to view it.
Interesting Read : Proxy Lists: What Are They and What Are They Used for?
So when it seems that your IP location matches their requirements, they will instantly share with you that access. All of this is being conducted without your real IP address being revealed.
Now you need to understand that since the proxy server conducts such an action, it is obvious and wise to invest in a secure proxy server which is exactly why you need SSL proxy.
SSL stands for secure socket layer. It is a proxy server that uses the SSL protocol. You are aware of the term HTTPS right? The last ‘s’ is SSL.
SSL proxies are the extra protection you require when conducting the activity as explained in the example above.
SSL proxies are more secure as it makes use of industry-grade SSL encryption which means high anonymity reflection and no third party interference.
Let’s understand the value it holds with its presence.
Benefits of SSL proxy
1 .As stated earlier, the SSL proxy has an industry-grade encryption which means the security being provided online will always be top-notch.
2. SSL proxies increase your chances of getting more anonymous and assurity of no third party interference
3. You have the control to decrypt anything using the SSL proxy
4. It decrypts SSL traffic so that granular application information can be captured
5. It uses strong protocols and algorithms by the client and also the server
6. It secures you against any threats embedded in the SSL encrypted traffic
So how can you get started with such a proxy?
How does SSL proxy work?
SSL ensures that a certificate is provided by the web browser to reveal the identity of the web server.
An SSL proxy works like this:
1 . It determines the keys which can encrypt and decrypt in the form of a client for the server
2. It takes the form of a server on behalf of the client by ensuring the original server certificate is authenticated and making sure again that a new certificate is being issued with a replacement key
3. It ensures that for each direction, encryption and decryption activities are taking place. The keys being used too for these two measures will be different as well
4. Lastly, it gives the HTTPS traffic to the HTTP proxy for the reason, protocol optimization as well as other acceleration techniques
Now that you are aware of how to get started, where can you start applying the SSL proxy?
Where can you use SSL proxies?
1. Web scraping
The purpose of web scraping is to get vital information from one source. That source could be anything, even your competitor’s website where you can capture data to enhance your current actions. Scraping can slow down your website because of the amount of data you are scraping and this is a big revelation that can make website owners tap you and block you.
However, if you use SSL proxies, this wouldn’t be the case. You would be scraping any website without the risk of being caught and even if you are detected your IP address which is the original one won’t be detected.
2. Restricted websites
Some websites don’t allow certain locations to view their content for various reasons, it could be policies or rules or more. For instance, maybe a website is only allowing users from Australia to view the content, so if you’re from another location say Russia, that website will not reflect for you however with SSL proxy it will. It will give you the IP address that will reflect that you are from Australia and the website will be accessible to you.
3. Strong internet connection
Whatever internet you use, the connection needs to be safeguarded because outsiders can get a glance of your internet activity. You could be doing a confidential activity and if that information is leaked it can be wrong for you. Avoid this from happening by investing in an SSL proxy. With this, your connection will always be secured and no interference of third parties will take place.
Interesting Read : Types of proxy errors ? How to resolve it ?
4. Being anonymous
Being anonymous is important because it doesn’t give away your identity. If you conduct any online actions with restricted sources, there are chances your identity will be revealed and you’ll be blocked. To ensure that this doesn’t happen, use SSL proxy, this will help increase your anonymity higher.
5. Safeguarding brands
As a business your brand will be conducting multiple online activities it could be researching and more, in such cases if you explore more data online which is restricted, chances are your brand’s IP address will be blocked causing a major hindrance in your work. To avoid this from happening, ensure that you’re safeguarding your brand with SSL proxy.
The proxy will ensure that all your research or other activities on restricted websites will be conducted easily.
6. Manage social media accounts
If you manage your client’s social media handles, you are aware that it isn’t an easy job. You need to create multiple social media handles so that you can manage all the client’s products well. If the social media handles understand this activity is done by one user using the same IP address, it will consider you as spam and get you blocked.
You can avoid this from happening by using the SSL proxy. It will give your different IP addresses so that it will look like multiple users are using the account when instead it will be just one user.
Interesting Read : How to Use and Configure Proxy in Jenkins?
7. Ad verification
You post multiple ads and you shouldn’t let it go away due to fraud and more. Using the SSL proxy can help you verify ads so that you can conduct the real purpose of ad activities for your brand to grow better.
The Bottom Line…
SSL proxies are a great solution to your online problems.
Before you can get started to use it, let’s conduct a quick summarization of what we’ve covered:
1 . A proxy takes responsibility to ensure that your identity is hidden when you conduct any activity online.SSL stands for secure socket layer. It is a proxy server that uses the SSL protocol. You are aware of the term HTTPS right? The last s is SSL.
2. The benefits of SSL proxies are it decrypt SSL traffic so that granular application information can be captured iIt uses strong protocols and algorithms by the client and also the server, it secures you against any threats embedded in the SSL encrypted traffic and more
3. An SSL proxy works like this first determines the keys which can encrypt and decrypt in the form of a client for the server, It takes the form of a server on behalf of the client by ensuring the original server certificate is authenticated and making sure again that a new certificate is being issued with a replacement key, It ensures that for each direction, encryption and decryption activities are taking place. The keys being used too for these two measures will be different as well and Lastly, it gives the HTTPS traffic to the HTTP proxy for the reason, protocol optimization as well as other acceleration techniques
4. You can use SSL proxies in multiple areas, such as scraping any website without the risk of being caught and even if you are detected your IP address which is the original one won’t be detected, your internet connection can always be secured and no interference of third parties will take place, higher anonymity chances and more.
So what do you think of this article? When would you start to invest in SSL proxies and what would you use it for? We would like to hear more from you.
Also, for more such related content, watch out for Limeproxies.