Proxy servers are the new solutions in the 2020 business industry. Its main agenda is to solve the most crucial problems which many modern businesses face today which is lack of information or in other terms data.
Data is the most significant factor which could help a brand to achieve better results with reference to lead generation, brand growth, and brand reputation. The reason why the existence of a proxy server is much spoken about topic presently is because it helps to conduct efficient online activities without any errors or risks attached.
Jump Directly to
And the number is set to rise much more in the coming years, ‘’During the next five years, cybercrime might become the greatest threat to every person, place, and thing in the world. With evolving technology comes evolving hackers, and we are behind in security.’’
If your brand hasn’t adapted proxy servers yet, it’s time to commence this action.
What is a proxy server?
Proxy servers stand between a user the website the user wants to access. For instance, say if you want to access information about ‘top 10 paid proxy servers’. You notice that one website has complete information but when you click on it shows that ‘your location cannot access the information’.
So if you were using a proxy server the situation would have been completely different. You would send a request to view that website. The request will first be received by the proxy server who will change your IP address and then send the request to the website. The website will see whether your IP address is from their location and if it is, you receive the access. The website will send the request back which again is received by the proxy server who will store it in the cache and then send it back to you.
Interesting Read : How to Use and Configure Proxy in Jenkins?
The main reason why brands get themselves blocked is that their IP address reveals their location, what a proxy server does is it eliminates your identity from being revealed which is its greatest feature. Imagine this, you can view any information without having to worry about being detected as spam or some kind of suspicious activity.
If you are someone who still has to use a proxy server or is already someone familiar with the use of proxy servers, you will be aware of the idea that a good thing like this solution will have some errors, commonly known as proxy errors.
What are proxy errors?
Techwalla explains, ‘’Proxy errors signify that an Internet user is not allowed to visit a specific website or URL. This restriction is set by the Internet administrator of the organization or by the website/URL creator to protect private content, which is only meant to be viewed by specific people.’’
Proxy errors are the main root cause are server problems. The error message is being retrieved from the large scale Internet network to your system via the proxy server. An error code of 502 is a piece of key information that a proxy error has been identified.
Such errors develop because many bands configure their HTTP settings so say for example in case you want to visit a website but it restricts you that means a proxy error will be sent to you claiming that action. To avoid this from happening, always ensure that your HTTP filter component is configured by eliminating any extensions as well as signatures settings away from the HTTP filter settings. All you need to do is modify the settings to allow all extensions and signatures.
Interesting Read : How to choose the best proxy for E-commerce activities?
Proxy errors could occur at times and this could cause a hindrance in your work. In order to prevent this, you can try the below proxy error solutions which can resolve all the common proxy errors without any hassles.
Types of proxy errors ? How to resolve it ?
1 . If the proxy server address is reflecting as incorrect, then the ideal option would be to disable the feature. This problem can arise due to few hindrances in the proxy settings.
2. Incase if the proxy server errors are still being committed, then it is wise to use a VPN for a time period.
3. If you receive a message from your browser stating that the proxy connection has failed then it is ideal to either try it out in another browser or visit the browsers default settings.
4. If the connection of your web browser claims as failed, then one reason could be due to the interference of antivirus programs. You could either disable the feature or eliminate the third party security tool
5. Always ensure that when you’re connecting the proxy server, your internet connection should be well working. In case of any connection loss, you could switch to a LAN for a temporary solution. Using Firefox as the web browser is considered to be a good choice. You can enhance it better by modifying its settings
Interesting Read : How to Use and Configure Proxy in Git?
6. Keeping a track of the antivirus programs being used in your system. The reason for the use of such programs is to secure your system as well as your online activities from any malicious intents. Despite this, such programs can also cause a hindrance with your proxy connection hence it is advised if you could disable the feature. If the proxy connection still doesn’t work through, it is better if you removed the program.
7. Another great way to work out better proxy connection is to disable the proxy you are using and instead of switching it to the default setting. To complete this action you should:
– Click on Window key + S
– Go to control panel and then hit the enter button
– Choose Network and Internet
– Hit the Internet options
– Head over to the connection button and choose the LAN setting
– Remove the selected option next to ‘ Use a proxy server for your LAN’
– Put the tick mark next to the option ‘Automatically detect settings
– Once completed, hit ‘Ok’ to save the changes
8. Eliminate any programs which are the reason for the rise in suspicious activity. Just like antivirus programs, there will be other similar programs that have the ability to modify your PC setting and if that happens, your proxy server connections can stop working. Hence it is advised to look around and identify which are these programs and completely get them vanished away from your system
9. As mentioned above, in case if you find your web browser stating ‘No internet connection’ or ‘No proxy connection’ then it would be better to use another web browser
10 . If your web browser continues to show no signs of good connectivity, then you could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again. That could work.
Interesting Read : The Ultimate Guide to buy best private proxy
11. Another way to fix your proxy errors via Windows 10 is to reset your Chrome settings. This is needed as sometimes such small proxy errors can be caused due to some minor system settings. For Chrome users, you can reset your settings by:
– Go to Google Chrome and click the menu icon which would be present at the top right corner
– Hit the settings category
– Click on the Advanced option
– When you see the ‘Rest and Clean up’ option, under it click on the option ‘Restoring settings to their original defaults’
– Click on the ‘Reset settings’
12. In Windows sometimes even when you disable the feature, the proxy errors still appear. Hence to avoid that it would be better to get it resolved from the Windows registry. All you need to do is:
– By clicking on the Windows Key + R option, a run dialog box will appear
– Type the word ‘Regedit’ and hit enter
– Start the process of backup saving of the registry. For this action, you need to click on ‘File’ and then ‘Export
– Walk-in this path with HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> Internet settings
– Eliminate values from Proxy Override, Migrate Proxy, Proxy Enable, Proxy Server
– Once completed, lastly you just need to restart your system
The Bottom Line…
Proxy servers are a great medium for any business to function better in 2020. Proxy servers are the ultimate solution required for the restrictions being faced in the online world. There are so many brands today that offer quality information but only to certain groups of people based on geographical locations and much more.
This becomes a hassle because there are many companies today who seek the online platform as a great way to enrich and grow their brands with the information available. Understanding this the use of proxy servers can benefit such brands without having to fear any risk of being detected as spam or malicious activity.
Always invest in a reliable and secure proxy server so that you receive the right security when viewing any information online. Also, keep in mind the proxy server you choose provides good internet speed to conduct your action as well as offers you a good number of IP addresses for your actions.
Do you face a lot of proxy errors in your system? Were the above solutions helpful for you? We would like to hear more from you about this article.