After seeing the popularity of Facebook I didn’t think that there would be any social media platform that could sustain the competition from Facebook. Of course, I was proved wrong by Instagram, a name that we all have surely heard of.
Even Facebook saw a huge market with Instagram and bought it in 2012 for $1,000,000,000
In terms of statics, Instagram has over 800 million users all over the globe and a whopping 500 million active users share more than 250 million contents every day.
Jump directly to
According to a survey, while Facebook’s user engagement is less than 0.1%, Instagram has a regular engagement of 4% of the total follower (source: Forrester) and over 60% of users follow a brand on Instagram (source: Iconosquare)
So what makes Instagram stand out? What I believe is that people prefer pictures over text and Instagram is all about that. This makes it easy for brands to target their audience with new arrivals, promotions, etc.
Marketing with Proxies For Instagram:
Now you have a platform to promote your brand but how can you make a difference or stand out in a crowd of 800 million? The answer lies in what I believe are the most important rules when you start a business account on Instagram.
- You should know what you are doing and have a clear vision
- You should post frequently, there shouldn’t be more than 2 days of gap between each post and use the Instagram story option every day to engage your followers
- You should know the type of followers you have and your post should reflect what they want to see
If you keep these rules in mind, you are off to a good start. I would also like to share few pointers that I have gathered from various blogs which I implement on my own Instagram business account and trust me it helps
Keep informed about the followers:
One of the best features Instagram has to offer is “Demographics”. This gives you a wide range of information like the average age of your followers, their country, gender, days of the week when your followers are most active to name a few
Having an appropriate profile:
This is very important because when someone checks your Instagram account, your profile picture and the bio is noticed first.
- Profile Picture: It only makes sense to use your logo as the profile picture for your account. If you do not have one, I would recommend building one because this will be the face of your business.
- Bio: The description that you use should be innovative and best represent what you do or sell, this can be in the form of a tag or a two-line description.
Using Instagram Stories: Back in 2016, Instagram started “Stories” where you can post a video or picture which will be automatically removed after 24 hours.
This tool is very useful to engage with your followers. For example, I have an account related to food, so I post my cooking videos and recipes or conduct regular polls.
Why use Proxies?
Now we know how important Instagram is when it comes to marketing and some of the key points to keep in mind while using Instagram for marketing.
So why would there be a need for using proxies for Instagram? Below are the three main reasons that lead to the use of proxies:
- You want to use multiple accounts to promote your brand so that it reaches maximum people.
- You are a marketer handling multiple Instagram accounts
- You want to use Instagram automation tools with which you can automate likes, sending follow requests and commenting using your Instagram account.
When you try to use multiple accounts or automation tools from one internet connection or IP address, Instagram blocks them.
The only way to avoid this is by using proxies which will provide you with multiple IP addresses. You can associate one IP to one-to-two Instagram accounts but keep in mind to get Premium or dedicated proxies for this use.
Premium proxies will be fresh i.e., not used before
Instagram is one of the most powerful platforms available today for marketing which is a visual treat for users.
When used wisely you can build an empire that will help you expand your business and increase your revenue by a great number.